Airlie Trescowthick, originally from a sheep and cattle property in NSW, is the Founder of Farm Table, an online platform that brings together industry knowledge and connects farmers in a way never seen before.
On this episode, Airlie talks about the launch of the Farm Table, her journey into the intersection of technology and agriculture, and the challenges of hiring a team and building great software. We also cover:
- The evolution of the Farm Table from a resource to an online community
- The challenges of working in technology when it's unfamiliar, and Airlie's advice on how to hire a tech team, get sponsors and advice, and turn a vision into a reality
- Making the jump from a part-time "side hustle" into a full time startup, and why mistakes are so important
- The biggest gap in bringing agtech to market: effective communication for and from the farming community
- The future of Farm Table, and how you can get involved!
Have a listen below, and please leave us a review or subscribe on iTunes to help others find the podcast.