Bruce Finney is the Executive Director of the Cotton Research and Development Corporation. The CRDC invests in research, development and extension to improve productivity and profitability for Australia’s 1250 cotton growers. In this podcast, Bruce shares:
- His journey from farmhand to Executive Director of the Cotton RDC
- How rural RDCs are funded and the difference between industry-owned and statutory authorities
- The CRDC’s journey in supporting and eventually directly investing in startup Flurosat, and whether they’ll do more direct investing
- Areas of research the CRDC has been funding, and future areas of interest
- Evolving the rural RDC model to deliver more outcomes from research and commercialisation
Do you have a suggestion for future guests, topics, or podcast improvements? We'd love to hear from you!